Definition of 'solid'
You searched for solids
- a substance that is solid at room temperature and pressure
- the state in which a substance has no tendency to flow under moderate stress; resists forces (such as compression) that tend to deform it; and retains a definite size and shape
Synonyms: solidness solid state
- a three-dimensional shape
- of definite shape and volume; firm; neither liquid nor gaseous; "ice is water in the solid state"
Antonyms: liquid gaseous
- characterized by good substantial quality; "solid comfort"; "a solid base hit"
- entirely of one substance with no holes inside; "a solid block of wood"
- of one substance or character throughout; "solid gold"; "carved out of solid rock"
- uninterrupted in space; having no gaps or breaks; "a solid line across the page"; "solid sheets of water"
- providing abundant nourishment; "a hearty meal"; "good solid food"; "ate a substantial breakfast"; "four square meals a day"
Synonyms: hearty satisfying square substantial
- of good quality and condition; solidly built; "a solid foundation"; "several substantial timber buildings"
Synonyms: strong substantial
- not soft or yielding to pressure; "a firm mattress"; "the snow was firm underfoot"; "solid ground"
- having three dimensions; "a solid object"
- incapable of being seen through; "solid blackness"
- financially sound; "the bank is solid and will survive this attack"
- of a substantial character and not frivolous or superficial; " work of solid scholarship"; "based on solid facts"
- of the same color throughout; "solid color"
Synonyms: self-colored self-coloured
- morally admirable; "a worthy citizen"
Synonyms: worthy upstanding
- acting together as a single undiversified whole; "a solid voting bloc"
Synonyms: unanimous whole