Definition of 'solution'
- a homogeneous mixture of two or more substances; frequently (but not necessarily) a liquid solution; "he used a solution of peroxide and water"
- a statement that solves a problem or explains how to solve the problem; "they were trying to find a peaceful solution"; "the answers were in the back of the book"; "he computed the result to four decimal places"
Synonyms: answer result resolution solvent
- a method for solving a problem; "the easy solution is to look it up in the handbook"
- the set of values that give a true statement when substituted into an equation
- the successful action of solving a problem; "the solution took three hours"