Definition of 'sorry'
You searched for sorrier
- feeling or expressing sorrow or pity; "a pitying observer threw his coat around her shoulder"
- feeling or expressing regret or sorrow or a sense of loss over something done or undone; "felt regretful over his vanished youth"; "regretful over mistakes she had made"; "he felt bad about breaking the vase"
Synonyms: regretful bad
Antonyms: unregretful unregretting
- bad; unfortunate; "my finances were in a deplorable state"; "a lamentable decision"; "her clothes were in sad shape"; "a sorry state of affairs"
Synonyms: deplorable distressing lamentable pitiful sad
- causing dejection; "a blue day"; "the dark days of the war"; "a week of rainy depressing weather"; "a disconsolate winter landscape"; "the first dismal dispiriting days of November"; "a dark gloomy day"; "grim rainy weather"
Synonyms: blue dark depressing dingy disconsolate dismal dispiriting gloomy grim drab drear dreary
- without merit; "a sorry horse"; "a sorry excuse"; "a lazy no-count, good-for-nothing goldbrick"; "the car was a no-good piece of junk"
Synonyms: good-for-nothing good-for-naught meritless no-account no-count no-good