Definition of 'sorrow'
You searched for sorrowed
- an emotion of great sadness associated with loss or bereavement; "he tried to express his sorrow at her loss"
Antonyms: joy joyousness joyfulness
- sadness associated with some wrong done or some disappointment; "he drank to drown his sorrows"; "he wrote a note expressing his regret"; "to his rue, the error cost him the game"
Synonyms: regret rue ruefulness
- something that causes great unhappiness; "her death was a great grief to John"
- the state of being sad; "she tired of his perpetual sadness"
Synonyms: sadness sorrowfulness
- feel grief; eat one's heart out