Definition of 'sounding'
You searched for soundings
- a measure of the depth of water taken with a sounding line
- the act of measuring depth of water (usually with a sounding line)
- appearing to be as specified; usually used as combining forms; "left their clothes dirty looking"; "a most disagreeable looking character"; "angry-looking"; "liquid-looking"; "severe-looking policemen on noble horses"; "fine-sounding phrases"; "taken in by high-sounding talk"
- having volume or depth; "sounding brass and a tinkling cymbal"; "the sounding cataract haunted me like a passion"- Wordsworth
- making or having a sound as specified; used as a combining form; "harsh-sounding"