Definition of 'sour'
You searched for sourer
- a cocktail made of a liquor (especially whiskey or gin) mixed with lemon or lime juice and sugar
- the taste experience when vinegar or lemon juice is taken into the mouth
Synonyms: sourness tartness
- the property of being acidic
Synonyms: sourness acidity
- go sour or spoil; "The milk has soured"; "The wine worked"; "The cream has turned--we have to throw it out"
Synonyms: turn ferment work
- make sour or more sour
Synonyms: acidify acidulate acetify
Antonyms: sweeten dulcify edulcorate dulcorate
- smelling of fermentation or staleness
- having a sharp biting taste
- one of the four basic taste sensations; like the taste of vinegar or lemons
- in an unpalatable state; "sour milk"
Synonyms: off turned
- inaccurate in pitch; "a false (or sour) note"; "her singing was off key"
Synonyms: false off-key
- showing a brooding ill humor; "a dark scowl"; "the proverbially dour New England Puritan"; "a glum, hopeless shrug"; "he sat in moody silence"; "a morose and unsociable manner"; "a saturnine, almost misanthropic young genius"- Bruce Bliven; "a sour temper"; "a sullen crowd"
Synonyms: dark dour glowering glum moody morose saturnine sullen