Definition of 'souse'
- a person who drinks alcohol to excess habitually
Synonyms: alcoholic alky dipsomaniac boozer lush soaker
- pork trimmings chopped and pickled and jelled
- the act of making something completely wet; "he gave it a good drenching"
Synonyms: drenching soaking sousing
- cover with liquid; pour liquid onto; "souse water on his hot face"
Synonyms: drench douse dowse soak sop
- immerse briefly into a liquid so as to wet, coat, or saturate; "dip the garment into the cleaning solution"; "dip the brush into the paint"
Synonyms: dunk dip plunge douse
- become drunk or drink excessively
Synonyms: soak inebriate hit it up
- cook in a marinade; "souse herring"