Definition of 'space'
You searched for spaces
- the unlimited expanse in which everything is located; "they tested his ability to locate objects in space"; "the boundless regions of the infinite"
- an empty area (usually bounded in some way between things); "the architect left space in front of the building"; "they stopped at an open space in the jungle"; "the space between his teeth"
- an area reserved for some particular purpose; "the laboratory's floor space"
- a blank character used to separate successive words in writing or printing; "he said the space is the most important character in the alphabet"
- the interval between two times; "the distance from birth to death"; "it all happened in the space of 10 minutes"
- a blank area; "write your name in the space provided"
Synonyms: blank space place
- one of the areas between or below or above the lines of a musical staff; "the spaces are the notes F-A-C-E"
- (printing) a block of type without a raised letter; used for spacing between words
- place at intervals; "Space the interviews so that you have some time between the different candidates"