Definition of 'span'
You searched for spanning
- the complete duration of something; "the job was finished in the span of an hour"
- the distance or interval between two points
- two items of the same kind
Synonyms: couple pair twosome twain brace yoke couplet distich duo duet dyad duad
- a unit of length based on the width of the expanded human hand (usually taken as 9 inches)
- a structure that allows people or vehicles to cross an obstacle such as a river or canal or railway etc.
- the act of sitting or standing astride
- to cover or extend over an area or time period; "Rivers traverse the valley floor", "The parking lot spans 3 acres"; "The novel spans three centuries"
Synonyms: cross traverse sweep