Definition of 'spare'
You searched for sparest
- an extra component of a machine or other apparatus
Synonyms: spare part
- an extra car wheel and tire for a four-wheel vehicle
Synonyms: fifth wheel
- a score in tenpins; knocking down all ten after rolling two balls
- refrain from harming
- save or relieve from an experience or action; "I'll spare you from having to apologize formally"
- give up what is not strictly needed; "he asked if they could spare one of their horses to speed his journey"
Synonyms: give up part with dispense with
- use frugally or carefully
- thin and fit; "the spare figure of a marathon runner"; "a body kept trim by exercise"
- more than is needed, desired, or required; "trying to lose excess weight"; "found some extra change lying on the dresser"; "yet another book on heraldry might be thought redundant"; "skills made redundant by technological advance"; "sleeping in the spare room"; "supernumerary ornamentation"; "it was supererogatory of her to gloat"; "delete superfluous (or unnecessary) words"; "extra ribs as well as other supernumerary internal parts"; "surplus cheese distributed to the needy"
Synonyms: excess extra redundant supererogatory superfluous supernumerary surplus
- not taken up by scheduled activities; "a free hour between classes"; "spare time on my hands"
- kept in reserve especially for emergency use; "a reserve supply of food"; "a spare tire"; "spare parts"
- lacking in amplitude or quantity; "a bare livelihood"; "a scanty harvest"; "a spare diet"
Synonyms: bare scanty
- lacking embellishment or ornamentation; "a plain hair style"; "unembellished white walls"; "functional architecture featuring stark unornamented concrete"
Synonyms: plain bare unembellished unornamented