Definition of 'spark'
You searched for sparking
- a momentary flash of light
Synonyms: flicker glint
- merriment expressed by a brightness or gleam or animation of countenance; "he had a sparkle in his eye"; "there's a perpetual twinkle in his eyes"
Synonyms: sparkle twinkle light
- electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field
Synonyms: discharge arc electric arc electric discharge
- a small but noticeable trace of some quality that might become stronger; "a spark of interest"; "a spark of decency"
- Scottish writer of satirical novels (born in 1918)
Synonyms: Muriel Spark Dame Muriel Spark Muriel Sarah Spark
- a small fragment of a burning substance thrown out by burning material or by friction
- put in motion or move to act; "trigger a reaction"; "actuate the circuits"
Synonyms: trip actuate trigger activate set off spark off trigger off touch off
- emit or produce sparks; "A high tension wire, brought down by a storm, can continue to spark"