Definition of 'specific'
You searched for specifics
- a fact about some part (as opposed to general); "he always reasons from the particular to the general"
Antonyms: general general
- a medicine that has a mitigating effect on a specific disease; "quinine is a specific for malaria"
- (sometimes followed by `to') applying to or characterized by or distinguishing something particular or special or unique; "rules with specific application"; "demands specific to the job"; "a specific and detailed account of the accident"
Antonyms: general nonspecific
- stated explicitly or in detail; "needed a specific amount"
- relating to or distinguishing or constituting a taxonomic species; "specific characters"
- being or affecting a disease produced by a particular microorganism or condition; used also of stains or dyes used in making microscope slides; "quinine is highly specific for malaria"; "a specific remedy"; "a specific stain is one having a specific affinity for particular structural elements"