Definition of 'spill'
You searched for spills
- liquid that is spilled; "clean up the spills"
- a channel that carries excess water over or around a dam or other obstruction
Synonyms: spillway wasteweir
- the act of allowing a fluid to escape
Synonyms: spillage release
- a sudden drop from an upright position; "he had a nasty spill on the ice"
Synonyms: tumble fall
- cause or allow (a liquid substance) to run or flow from a container; "spill the milk"; "splatter water"
Synonyms: slop splatter
- flow, run or fall out and become lost; "The milk spilled across the floor"; "The wine spilled onto the table"
Synonyms: run out
- cause or allow (a solid substance) to flow or run out or over; "spill the beans all over the table"
Synonyms: shed disgorge
- pour out in drops or small quantities or as if in drops or small quantities; "shed tears"; "spill blood"; "God shed His grace on Thee"
Synonyms: shed pour forth
- reveal information; "If you don't oblige me, I'll talk!"; "The former employee spilled all the details"