Definition of 'spine'
- the series of vertebrae forming the axis of the skeleton and protecting the spinal cord; "the fall broke his back"
Synonyms: spinal column vertebral column backbone back rachis
- any sharply pointed projection
Synonyms: spur acantha
- a small sharp-pointed tip resembling a spike on a stem or leaf
Synonyms: thorn prickle pricker sticker spikelet
- the part of a book's cover that encloses the inner side of the book's pages and that faces outward when the book is shelved; "the title and author were printed on the spine of the book"
- a sharp rigid animal process or appendage; as a porcupine quill or a ridge on a bone or a ray of a fish fin