Definition of 'spin'
You searched for spins
- a swift whirling motion (usually of a missile)
- the act of rotating rapidly; "he gave the crank a spin"; "it broke off after much twisting"
Synonyms: twirl twist twisting whirl
- a short drive in a car; "he took the new car for a spin"
- rapid descent of an aircraft in a steep spiral
- a distinctive interpretation (especially as used by politicians to sway public opinion); "the campaign put a favorable spin on the story"
- revolve quickly and repeatedly around one's own axis; "The dervishes whirl around and around without getting dizzy"
Synonyms: spin around whirl reel gyrate
- stream in jets, of liquids; "The creek spun its course through the woods"
- cause to spin; "spin a coin"
Synonyms: whirl birl twirl
- make up a story; "spin a yarn"
- form a web by making a thread; "spiders spin a fine web"
- work natural fibers into a thread; "spin silk"
- twist and turn so as to give an intended interpretation; "The President's spokesmen had to spin the story to make it less embarrassing"
- prolong or extend; "spin out a visit"
Synonyms: spin out