Definition of 'spiral'
You searched for spirals
- a plane curve traced by a point circling about the center but at increasing distances from the center
- a curve that lies on the surface of a cylinder or cone and cuts the element at a constant angle
- ornament consisting of a curve on a plane that winds around a center with an increasing distance from the center
- a structure consisting of something wound in a continuous series of loops; "a coil of rope"
Synonyms: coil volute whorl helix
- flying downward in a helical path with a large radius
- to wind or move in a spiral course; "the muscles and nerves of his fine drawn body were coiling for action"; "black smoke coiling up into the sky"; "the young people gyrated on the dance floor"
Synonyms: gyrate coil
- form a spiral; "The path spirals up the mountain"
- move in a spiral or zigzag course
- in the shape of a coil
Synonyms: coiling helical spiraling volute voluted whorled turbinate