Definition of 'spit'
You searched for spits
- a narrow strip of land that juts out into the sea
- a clear liquid secreted into the mouth by the salivary glands and mucous glands of the mouth; moistens the mouth and starts the digestion of starches
Synonyms: saliva spittle
- a skewer for holding meat over a fire
- the act of spitting (forcefully expelling saliva)
Synonyms: spitting expectoration
- expel or eject (saliva or phlegm or sputum) from the mouth; "The father of the victim spat at the alleged murderer"
Synonyms: ptyalize ptyalise spew spue
- utter with anger or contempt
Synonyms: spit out
- rain gently; "It has only sprinkled, but the roads are slick"
Synonyms: sprinkle spatter patter pitter-patter
- drive a skewer through; "skewer the meat for the BBQ"