Definition of 'star'
- (astronomy) a celestial body of hot gases that radiates energy derived from thermonuclear reactions in the interior
- someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field
Synonyms: ace adept champion sensation maven mavin virtuoso genius hotshot superstar whiz whizz wizard wiz
- any celestial body visible (as a point of light) from the Earth at night
- a plane figure with 5 or more points; often used as an emblem
- an actor who plays a principal role
Synonyms: principal lead
- a performer who receives prominent billing
- a star-shaped character * used in printing
- the topology of a network whose components are connected to a hub
Synonyms: star topology
- feature as the star; "The movie stars Dustin Hoffman as an autistic man"
- be the star in a performance
- mark with an asterisk; "Linguists star unacceptable sentences"
- indicating the most important performer or role; "the leading man"; "prima ballerina"; "prima donna"; "a star figure skater"; "the starring role"; "a stellar role"; "a stellar performance"
Synonyms: leading prima starring stellar