Definition of 'stuff'
- the tangible substance that goes into the makeup of a physical object; "coal is a hard black material"; "wheat is the stuff they use to make bread"
- miscellaneous unspecified objects; "the trunk was full of stuff"
- informal terms for personal possessions; "did you take all your clobber?"
- senseless talk; "don't give me that stuff"
Synonyms: stuff and nonsense hooey poppycock
- unspecified qualities required to do or be something; "the stuff of heros"; "you don't have the stuff to be a United States Marine"
- information in some unspecified form; "it was stuff I had heard before"; "there's good stuff in that book"
- a critically important or characteristic component; "suspense is the very stuff of narrative"
- fill completely; "The child stuffed his pockets with candy"
- press or force; "Stuff money into an envelope"; "She thrust the letter into his hand"
Synonyms: thrust shove squeeze
- obstruct; "My nose is all stuffed"; "Her arteries are blocked"
Synonyms: lug choke up block
Antonyms: unstuff loosen up
- overeat or eat immodestly; make a pig of oneself; "She stuffed herself at the dinner"; "The kids binged on icecream"
Synonyms: gorge ingurgitate overindulge glut englut engorge overgorge overeat gormandize gormandise gourmandize binge pig out satiate scarf out
- treat with grease, fill, and prepare for mounting; "stuff a bearskin"
- fill tightly with a material; "stuff a pillow with feathers"; "The old lady wants to have her dead poodle stuffed by the taxidermist"
- fill with a stuffing while cooking; "Have you stuffed the turkey yet?"