Definition of 'sublime'
- vaporize and then condense right back again
- change or cause to change directly from a solid into a vapor without first melting; "sublime iodine"; "some salts sublime when heated"
- inspiring awe; "well-meaning ineptitude that rises to empyreal absurdity"- M.S.Dworkin; "empyrean aplomb"- Hamilton Basso; "the sublime beauty of the night"
Synonyms: empyreal empyrean
- worthy of adoration or reverence
- lifted up or set high; "their hearts were jocund and sublime"- Milton
- of high moral or intellectual value; elevated in nature or style; "an exalted ideal"; "argue in terms of high-flown ideals"- Oliver Franks; "a noble and lofty concept"; "a grand purpose"
Synonyms: exalted grand high-flown high-minded lofty rarefied rarified idealistic noble-minded