Definition of 'tally'
- a score in baseball made by a runner touching all four bases safely; "the Yankees scored 3 runs in the bottom of the 9th"; "their first tally came in the 3rd inning"
- a bill for an amount due
- the act of counting; "the counting continued for several hours"
Synonyms: count counting numeration enumeration reckoning
- be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics; "The two stories don't agree in many details"; "The handwriting checks with the signature on the check"; "The suspect's fingerprints don't match those on the gun"
Synonyms: match fit correspond check jibe gibe agree
Antonyms: disagree disaccord discord
- gain points in a game; "The home team scored many times"; "He hit a home run"; "He hit .300 in the past season"
Synonyms: score hit rack up
- keep score, as in games
Synonyms: chalk up
- determine the sum of; "Add all the people in this town to those of the neighboring town"
Synonyms: total tot tot up sum sum up summate tote up add add together add up