Definition of 'target'
- a reference point to shoot at; "his arrow hit the mark"
- a person who is the aim of an attack (especially a victim of ridicule or exploitation) by some hostile person or influence; "he fell prey to muggers"; "everyone was fair game"; "the target of a manhunt"
Synonyms: prey quarry fair game
- the location of the target that is to be hit
Synonyms: target area
- sports equipment consisting of an object set up for a marksman or archer to aim at
- the goal intended to be attained (and which is believed to be attainable); "the sole object of her trip was to see her children"
Synonyms: aim object objective
- intend (something) to move towards a certain goal; "He aimed his fists towards his opponent's face"; "criticism directed at her superior"; "direct your anger towards others, not towards yourself"
Synonyms: aim place direct point