Definition of 'thing'
- a special situation; "this thing has got to end"; "it is a remarkable thing"
- an action; "how could you do such a thing?"
- an artifact; "how does this thing work?"
- an event; "a funny thing happened on the way to the..."
- a statement regarded as an object; "to say the same thing in other terms"; "how can you say such a thing?"
- any attribute or quality considered as having its own existence; "the thing I like about her is ..."
- a special abstraction; "a thing of the spirit"; "things of the heart"
- a vaguely specified concern; "several matters to attend to"; "it is none of your affair"; "things are going well"
Synonyms: matter affair
- an entity that is not named specifically; "I couldn't tell what the thing was"
- a special objective; "the thing is to stay in bounds"
- a persistent illogical feeling of desire or aversion; "he has a thing about seafood"; "she has a thing about him"
- a separate and self-contained entity