Definition of 'toast'
- slices of bread that have been toasted
- a celebrity who receives much acclaim and attention; "he was the toast of the town"
- a person in desperate straits; someone doomed; "I'm a goner if this plan doesn't work"; "one mistake and you're toast"
- a drink in honor of or to the health of a person or event
- make brown and crisp by heating; "toast bread"; "crisp potatoes"
Synonyms: crispen crisp
- propose a toast to; "Let us toast the birthday girl!"; "Let's drink to the New Year"
Synonyms: drink pledge salute wassail