Definition of 'travel'
- the act of going from one place to another; "he enjoyed selling but he hated the travel"
Synonyms: traveling travelling
- a movement through space that changes the location of something
Synonyms: change of location
- self-propelled movement
- change location; move, travel, or proceed; "How fast does your new car go?"; "We travelled from Rome to Naples by bus"; "The policemen went from door to door looking for the suspect"; "The soldiers moved towards the city in an attempt to take it before night fell"
Synonyms: go move locomote
Antonyms: stay in place
- undertake a journey or trip
- make a trip for pleasure
Synonyms: trip jaunt
- travel upon or across; "travel the oceans"
- undergo transportation as in a vehicle; "We travelled North on Rte. 508"
- travel from place to place, as for the purpose of finding work, preaching, or acting as a judge
Synonyms: move around