Definition of 'treat'
- something considered choice to eat
Synonyms: dainty delicacy goody kickshaw
- an occurrence that causes special pleasure or delight
- interact in a certain way; "Do right by her"; "Treat him with caution, please"; "Handle the press reporters gently"
Synonyms: handle do by
- subject to a process or treatment, with the aim of readying for some purpose, improving, or remedying a condition; "process cheese"; "process hair"; "treat the water so it can be drunk"; "treat the lawn with chemicals" ; "treat an oil spill"
- provide treatment for; "The doctor treated my broken leg"; "The nurses cared for the bomb victims"; "The patient must be treated right away or she will die"; "Treat the infection with antibiotics"
Synonyms: care for
- deal with verbally or in some form of artistic expression; "This book deals with incest"; "The course covered all of Western Civilization"; "The new book treats the history of China"
Synonyms: cover handle plow deal address
- provide with a gift or entertainment; "Grandmother always treated us to the circus"; "I like to treat myself to a day at a spa when I am depressed"
- provide with choice or abundant food or drink; "Don't worry about the expensive wine--I'm treating"; "She treated her houseguests with good food every night"
- engage in negotiations in order to reach an agreement; "they had to treat with the King"
- regard or consider in a specific way; "I treated his advances as a joke"