Definition of 'work out'
- come up with; "His colleagues worked out his interesting idea"; "We worked up an ad for our client"
Synonyms: work up
- happen in a certain way, leading to, producing, or resulting in a certain outcome, often well; "Things worked out in an interesting way"; "Not everything worked out in the end and we were disappointed"
- work out in detail; "elaborate a plan"
- do physical exercise; "She works out in the gym every day"
- be calculated; "The fees work out to less than $1,000"
- make a mathematical calculation or computation
Synonyms: calculate cipher cypher compute reckon figure
- find the solution to (a problem or question) or understand the meaning of; "did you solve the problem?"; "Work out your problems with the boss"; "this unpleasant situation isn't going to work itself out"; "did you get it?"; "Did you get my meaning?"; "He could not work the math problem"
Synonyms: solve figure out puzzle out lick work
- give a workout to; "Some parents exercise their infants"; "My personal trainer works me hard"; "work one's muscles"
Synonyms: exercise work