High School | Language Arts | Listening
Of all the language arts, listening, as well as speaking, is most often used on a daily basis at home, school and work or in the community. In person, by phone or through video, good listening skills are essential to receiving and understanding messages. To understand messages spoken by others, students must be able to listen carefully, using specific techniques to clarify what they have heard.
Listen effectively in formal and informal situations:
- Apply listening skills as individuals and members of a group in a variety of settings (e.g., lectures, discussions, conversations, team projects, presentations, interviews).
- Apply listening skills in practical settings (e.g., classroom note taking, interpersonal conflict situations, giving and receiving directions, evaluating persuasive messages).
- Follow complex oral instructions.
- Demonstrate understanding of the relationship of verbal and nonverbal messages within a context (e.g., contradictory, supportive, repetitive, substitutive).
Compare Our Programs
eTutor offers two programs to choose from:
- Independent Study
- One 2 One Study
Independent Study is ideal for self motivated students, while One 2 One Study includes access to a tutor for additional support.
- 3,000+ lesson modules
- 200+ authors
- 20+ subjects
- 4 curricular areas
- Easy credit transfer
- Quality assurance
- Access to loans & scholarships