Knowledge Headquarters, Inc. ("Knowledge HQ") provides the eTutor.com Online Virtual Learning site for your educational and informational purposes. Please feel free to browse.
1. ACCESS TO eTutor.com. Knowledge HQ grants you a limited non-transferable right to access the non-subscription area of eTutor.com at no charge to you. However, you are responsible for providing all hardware, software, telephone or other communications equipment and/or service to connect to the Internet and accessing eTutor.com and are responsible for all Internet access charges, telephone charges or other fees or charges incurred in connecting to the Internet and accessing eTutor.com, and Knowledge HQ shall not be responsible for any of these things.
2. SOFTWARE. Any program accessible from eTutor.com or any software available for download from eTutor.com is owned by Knowledge Headquarters, Inc. or other third party provider, and all copyright rights therein are reserved. You agree that you will not download, copy or install such software unless you first agree to the terms and conditions of any license agreement that accompanies, is included with, or in any way applies to the software.
3. CONTENT. You agree to access and use eTutor.com only for lawful purposes. You are solely responsible for the knowledge of and adherence to any and all laws, statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to your use of eTutor.com, including any Interactive Area. By accessing eTutor.com you agree that you will not: (i) post or use eTutor.com to commit a criminal offense or to encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, Federal or international law or regulation, including, but not limited to, export control laws and regulations; (ii) post or transmit any unlawful, infringing, threatening, libelous, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, profane, or otherwise objectionable Content; (iii) alter, damage or delete any Content or other communications that are not your own Content or to otherwise interfere with the ability of others to access eTutor.com; (iv) disrupt the normal flow of communication in any Interactive Area; (v) claim a relationship with or to speak for any business, association, institution or other organization for which you are not authorized to claim such a relationship; (vi) post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation to other users; (vii) infringe any third party's rights, including, without limitation, intellectual property rights such as trademark, servicemark, copyright, and patent rights, as well as any publicity rights or privacy rights; (viii) be false, inaccurate or misleading; or (ix) otherwise create any liability on Knowledge HQ's behalf. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, you agree that you will indemnify Knowledge HQ for any knowing or unknowing breach of this paragraph 3.
4. TERMINATION. The only right that you have with respect to dissatisfaction with any policies, guidelines, or practices of Knowledge HQ in operating eTutor.com or any Content, is for you to discontinue accessing eTutor.com. Knowledge HQ, in its sole discretion, may terminate or temporarily suspend your access to all or any part of eTutor.com, without notice, for conduct that Knowledge HQ believes is a violation of this Agreement or any policies or guidelines posted by eTutor, or for other conduct which Knowledge HQ, in its sole discretion, believes is harmful to other users. Knowledge HQ may discontinue operating eTutor.com and terminate this Agreement without notice at any time for any reason in its sole discretion.
5. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY (THIS PARAGRAPH 5. APPLIES IN ALL STATES AND JURISDICTIONS IN WHICH SUCH TERMS ARE VALID AND ENFORCEABLE). ETUTOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INFORMATION OR CONTENT CONTAINED WITHIN INTERACTIVE AREAS AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE INTERACTIVE AREAS FOR ANY PURPOSE OR ABOUT ITS LEGITIMACY, LEGALITY, VALIDITY, ACCURACY, CORRECTNESS, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, STABILITY, COMPLETENESS OR CURRENTNESS.
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF eTutor.com, INCLUDING ANY INTERACTIVE AREA, IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. NEITHER KNOWLEDGE HQ, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES OR AGENTS WARRANT THAT eTutor.com WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF eTutor.com OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR CONTENT OF eTutor.com.
eTutor.com IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
IN NO EVENT WILL KNOWLEDGE HQ OR ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (EVEN IF KNOWLEDGE HQ HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE eTutor.com, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF REVENUE OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOST BUSINESS, LOST DATA, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES THAT RESULT FROM MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELETIONS OF FILES, ERRORS, DEFECTS, VIRUSES, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, WHETHER OR NOT LIMITED TO ACTS OF GOD, COMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, THEFT, DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO KNOWLEDGE HQ'S RECORDS, PROGRAMS, OR SERVICES. BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES KNOWLEDGE HQ'S LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED IN THIS SECTION.
6. LINKS. Some links on eTutor.com lead to sites posted by independent site owners. eTutor.com does not review independent sites or control their content, and merely provides these links to visitors for their convenience. These links are not an endorsement of products, services, or information provided by such sites. Further, the inclusion of these links to other sites does not imply that the other sites have given permission for inclusion of these links, or that there is any relationship between eTutor.com and the linked sites.
Knowledge HQ is an independent operating company and reference to other companies does not imply any partnership, joint venture, or other legal connection. Knowledge Headquarters, Inc. shall not be responsible for the actions of the respective owners of these other sites.
For any interested party, Knowledge HQ grants the right to create links to eTutor.com's home page, but only its home page, if such link(s) uses eTutor's trademarks and/or logos in accordance with the below terms and conditions of the Trademark and Logo Policy.
TRADEMARK AND LOGO POLICY. eTutor's trademarks and logos are the property of Knowledge Headquarters, Inc. License for their use is granted for the sole purpose of promoting eTutor.com and encouraging visits to our website. Licensees may not vary the spelling, add or delete hyphens, combine or separate words, abbreviate or alter in any way eTutor's marks. Licensees shall not reproduce, use, or authorize the reproduction or use of eTutor's marks in any manner other than expressly authorized by Knowledge Headquarters, Inc. eTutor's marks may not be combined with those of another company. Any use of the eTutor marks that implies a relationship with or endorsement by Knowledge Headquarters, Inc. is strictly prohibited. Knowledge HQ has the right to control the use of its marks, and you agree to comply with any and all reasonable requests in relation to the use of Knowledge HQ's marks. The following statement must accompany the use of Knowledge HQ's trademarks and logos: "__________ is either a registered trademark or trademark of Knowledge Headquarters, Inc."
At eTutor.com, we recognize that our members are concerned about the privacy of the information that we collect from our members and our plans for using this information. eTutor.com collects personally identifiable information (name, e-mail address, etc.) and/or demographic data (city, zip code, school names, interests, etc.) that you submit when you: 1) register for our services, 2) complete a survey, or 3) send us an e-mail. We may use this information to process and maintain your account, compile demographic statistics about our users, and display to you information and advertisements that match your interests and profile. We will never sell your personal information to any company for any reason.
IP Addresses and Cookies
eTutor.com uses IP addresses (random numbers assigned to individual computers) to help administer our Web site and anonymously track content preferences and traffic patterns.
Deletion of your information. If you decide that you no longer want to receive e-mail or information from eTutor.com, you may contact us at:
Knowledge Headquarters, Inc.
715 Aurora Ave.
Boulder, CO 80302
Attention: Privacy Dept.
Deletion of your information will usually take four to six weeks.
Security and Links. The security of the information you provide to eTutor.com is important to us. We use encryption software and other security measures to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of sensitive information under our control. However, eTutor.com's site includes banner links to other sites from our sponsors, and when you choose to visit those sites, we are not responsible for their privacy policies or actions, and you should review the privacy policies of these parties when supplying personally identifiable information to them.
8. SERVICE MARK NOTICE. eTutor, eTutor.com, eTutor, and LessonPro trademarks, service marks, trade dress and logos are owned by Knowledge Headquarters, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, and logos used on eTutor.com are the trademarks, service marks, and logos of their respective owners
9. INDEMNITY. USER HEREBY AGREES TO, AT ITS OWN EXPENSE, INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD KNOWLEDGE HQ HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY LOSS, COST, DAMAGES, LIABILITY, OR EXPENSE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO (A) A THIRD-PARTY CLAIM, ACTION OR ALLEGATION OF INFRINGEMENT BASED ON INFORMATION, DATA, FILES OR OTHER CONTENT SUBMITTED BY USER, (B) ANY FRAUD, MANIPULATION, OR OTHER BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT BY A USER OR USERS, OR (C) ANY THIRD-PARTY CLAIM, ACTION OR ALLEGATION BROUGHT AGAINST KNOWLEDGE HQ OR RELATED COMPANY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE USE OF eTutor.com. KNOWLEDGE HQ WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN ITS DEFENSE AND HIRE COUNSEL OF ITS CHOICE, AT USER'S EXPENSE. USER WILL NOT SETTLE ANY ACTION OR CLAIMS ON KNOWLEDGE HQ'S BEHALF WITHOUT THE PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT OF KNOWLEDGE HQ.
10. NO AGENCY OR PARTNERSHIP. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of this Agreement. You do not have any authority of any kind to bind Knowledge HQ in any respect whatsoever. The parties are independent contractors. Neither party may direct or control the day-to-day activities of the other; neither party may create or assume any obligation on behalf of the other.